WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to provide compassionate and sustainable, preventive and primary healthcare to the underserved by collaborating with key partners.
To be a model organization providing sustainable healthcare and related services for underprivileged communities.
OUR PROJECTS AT A GLANCE
- Since 2009 we have we helped in the delivery of care to over 905,000 needy beneficiaries through our project sites located in different provinces of Pakistan and around the world.
- We saw over 100,000 patients last year at our six main clinics.
- Over 2700 doctors, medical students, nurses, nursing students, midwives, paramedics and midwifery students have been trained under the Helping Babies Breathe program in Pakistan.
- In 2018 our team of doctors worked on the ground with local partners to treat patients at a medical camp for Rohingya Refugees in Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh.
- In 2019 SHINE Humanity took a Medical Mission to Gilgit/Baltistan. Our team of 41 doctors and medical professionals saw over 4,000 patients and performed over 100 surgeries in a span of 5 days.
- From 2010 to 2016, we supported the pediatric ward of the RBUT Civil Hospital in Shikarpur averaging 1,000 patients a month.
- Thanks to a grant from the Ogasawara Foundation of Japan, Goth Daim Shah became the first village where community Stills were installed to provide safe distilled water to its residents.
- Future Projects: Work in progress on setting up two mother-and-child clinics in densely populated and underserved areas in the province of Punjab.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST UPDATES
Today we arrived in Skardu on Saturday morning! We left our hotel at 7 am, and to be honest I spent most of the car ride struggling to stay awake. Unfortunately, it seems like this car ride won’t be our last time sharing a cramped van together. The flight to Skardu was absolutely […]
Today we arrived in Islamabad in the early morning! We quickly met with the other SHINE physicians and volunteers at the airport, and headed over to the Serena hotel. This was my first time in Islamabad, and I was shocked to see just how clean and well-developed the city is! The hotel was simply beautiful, […]